Beauty rē•spin: Olive Oil Lip Balm
Goodbye dry skin!
Made with all-natural ingredients, this Olive Oil Lip Balm can be used on everything from dry lips and hands to bug bites or anywhere that needs a little TLC. Homemade lip balm is one of the easiest beauty products you can create. This recipe will take less than 20 minutes to make and produces enough to last you the whole year!
Vitamin and antioxidant-filled olive oil is just as great for your skin as it is for your health. Used by many brands for its moisturizing and healing benefits, this recipe allows you to experience the rē-juvenating and nourishing properties that organic extra virgin olive oil can provide.
Thanks to its antibacterial agents, beeswax has a long history in the cosmetics industry and is used to treat many skin conditions, such as burns and wounds. This combination is ideal for moisturizing and soothing sensitive skin with the antioxidant-filled Vitamin E. Say goodbye to dry, chapped lips!
You can choose to scent your balm with your favorite fragrances (or skip it entirely), but be sure to use therapeutic-grade essential oils that are safe for topical use. You can also purchase inexpensive tins or lip balm tubes from Amazon in various sizes; however, any empty container, such as small mason jars or empty cosmetic containers, works just fine.
This recipe makes 8-10 tins. Add less beeswax and more oil for a smoother, glossy balm.
Olive Oil Lip Balm
- 1 cup kyoord olive oil
- 2 oz. beeswax pastilles
- One teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- Essential oil of your choice such as Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Sage, or Rose (optional)
- Tins or jars to hold the balm
Method of Preparation:
- Set up a double boiler to melt the wax with indirect heat.
- Put the beeswax and olive oil into the double boiler. Stir until the wax has melted.
- When melted, stir in the vitamin E oil.
- While still liquid, pour the balm into tins.
- Stir in 10-20 drops of essential oil (depending on how strong the scent should be).
- Leave overnight to solidify.