Brownies, Chocolate Cookies, Crêpes
With an unexpected twist.
Dawn Russell is a health leader, cancer survivor, and founder of the world’s first real greens chewable that tastes amazing. Nearly seven years ago, Dawn effectively rē-imagined the age-old advice “eat your greens” to help people rē•spin their nutritional intake. Through her company 8Greens, she’s helped rē-frame their perception of greens and their benefits—as consumers rē-visit their relationship with them to thrive from the inside out.
The birth of 8greens
The company was born from Russell’s exploration of health and wellness following her cancer diagnosis. Dawn found herself traveling the world for treatment after graduating from Trinity College. She eventually anchored herself in London to continue her research and venture further into the world of greens. Greens have been by her side throughout her life’s milestones, including cancer treatment and the birth of her children.
Across 8Greens’ product catalog, which includes gummies, chewables, powder sticks, fizzy tablets, and lollipops, Russell focuses on the power of eight specific greens for a daily green blend: spinach, kale, aloe vera, wheatgrass, blue-green algae, barley grass, chlorella, and spirulina.
The best part of these products is that they are versatile in the kitchen. You can consume them in various ways, which is especially helpful if you or a loved one isn’t into the idea of eating greens. (We have all been picky eaters at one point or another!)
Below, Russell shares one of her easy-to-make dessert recipes deliciously prepared with an unexpected ingredient, her 8greens tablet. Enjoy!
- One packet of premade brownie or cookie mix
- Four teaspoons of omega oil
- Four teaspoons of olive oil
- One egg, beaten
- 1 8Greens tablet dissolved in ½ cup water
- Two tablespoons of probiotic powder
Method of Preparation:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a brownie pan (see the packet for size). If making cookies, place them on a baking sheet, space them out, and bake them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- You can underbake the cookies a little to keep them moist inside.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Leave overnight to settle and harden.