Chocolate Olive Oil Tahini Cups
Treat without the cheat.
An abundance of sweet, sugar-laden treats often bookmarks comfort food. While indulging is not wrong, excessive sugar and simple carbohydrates can affect our energy and overall well-being.
Rather than avoiding treats and fun foods altogether, we found a way to make one of our favorite treats with better-for-you ingredients that will leave you feeling energized.
Our Chocolate Olive Oil Tahini Cups are delicious, a nutrient-rich take on the traditional Reese’s peanut butter cup—made with high quality, unsweetened cocoa, high-phenolic extra virgin olive oil, 100% pure maple syrup, and stuffed with the best organic tahini from Seed + Mill.
With a double dose of antioxidants and healthy fats, these chocolate olive oil tahini cups make for a luxuriously decadent, healthy upgrade on a popular treat. So skip the highly processed Reese’s cups and opt for this simple, uniquely satisfying sweet without the cheat.
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp kyoord High-phenolic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, or more to taste
- 8 tsp tahini, well-stirred
- flaky sea salt to top
Method of Preparation:
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Add the cocoa powder, olive oil, and maple syrup to a large glass measuring cup. Stir until smooth and pourable, like melted chocolate—taste to see if you’d like to add more maple.
- Fill each lined cup about ⅓ the way with the chocolate mix. Place the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the first layer has hardened, add a tsp of tahini to the center of each cup atop the chocolate layer. Then, return the muffin tin to the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- For the final layer, cover the tahini and fill the cups up to the top with the remaining chocolate mix. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt and place in the freezer till set, about ten more minutes.
- Enjoy your chocolate tahini cups once they have completely hardened. Store the cups in the fridge or freezer for up to a week in an airtight container.