Father’s Day rē•spin: Grilled Branzino
Served with a mild salsa verde.
With Father’s Day approaching, it’s time to start planning that special meal to celebrate all the fathers and father figures in our lives, creating a moment to bond and rē•connect with them. So let’s rē•spin our traditional grilling session by swapping out the usual steak and chicken for grilled branzino, accompanied by a spicy-meets-tangy salsa verde, to finish the meal.
- 1 whole branzino, descaled & gutted
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- Lemon slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ large shallot, chopped
- One large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Two tablespoons capers
- One tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (good olive oil)
- Less than ⅓ cup of red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper to start
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Rub the fish with extra virgin olive oil & heavily salt & pepper your fish and stick lemon slices inside the fish
- For the salsa verde, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Be sure to taste for properly seasoned salsa verde and adjust it to your liking.
- To grill the fish, be sure to spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray and pre-heat your grill.
- Grill your fish on each side for about 7-8 minutes. The fish will tell you when it’s ready when the skin doesn’t stick to the grill and is easily removed.
- Serve with salsa verde spooned over the top of the fish and slices of lemon for garnish.
Self-Love Through Nourishment
Wellness chef Shauna Faulisi’s sugar-free chocolate sauce hits the spot
Cremini, Gorgonzola and Gruyere Pizza
Creating delicious memories in the kitchen.
Strawberry and Pink Peppercorn Olive Oil Cake
Elevate your Mother's Day Brunch.