Memorial Day rē•spin: Gochujang Grilled Chicken Wings
With a fresh buttermilk ranch dipping sauce.
This Memorial Day, rē-think the traditional hot dogs, hamburgers, and shish kebabs, and rē•spin your menu with something new, like our gochujang grilled chicken wings. Marinated in a combination of greek yogurt and gochujang (a red chili paste), these wings marry together tangy, spicy, and sweet for an undeniably tender chicken wing. Served with a side of fresh and herby buttermilk ranch dipping sauce, this will make the perfect appetizer for your holiday weekend get-together.
Buttermilk Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo (Dukes Mayo)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Two tablespoons or so of buttermilk
- Two tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Three tablespoons of chopped chives
- One tablespoon of chopped dill
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- One garlic clove, zested
- kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- Directions: combine all ingredients in a bowl and sit an hour in the fridge to deepen the flavor!
Gochujang Grilled Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- ½ cup greek yogurt (full fat)
- ½ cup gochujang paste (I used Not Your Mother’s Gochujang)
- 1-2 tablespoons Fly By Jing Mala Spice Mix or any Chinese Five Spice Seasoning
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
Method of Preparation:
- Add the salt & Fly By Jing Mala Spice to the chicken and toss to combine.
- Add the greek yogurt & gochujang paste and toss all to combine, making sure the chicken wings are completely submerged in the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 24 hours.
- Prepare your grill properly and spray with a non-stick spray. Add the chicken wings and let them cook for 4 minutes on each side until they get a nice char. They may take a little longer, depending on your grill.