Recipe rē•spin: Cucumber Tahini Gazpacho with Crispy Chickpeas
Cool and refreshing.
Food is powerful; it can transport us to alternate destinations allowing us to experience the vast flavors and cultures of worlds beyond our own. The bright and vibrant herbs in this recipe, paired with hydrating cucumber and creamy tahini, create a beautiful green soup that’s the perfect amount of healthy while still satiating cravings. The unexpected crunch of crispy chickpeas swirling amongst a golden drizzle of olive oil adds a kick of heat to round out the flavors.
All you need is a blender, a preheated oven, and 20 minutes. Roast the chickpeas while blending the soup, and you’ll be ready to top your gazpacho with them when they’re crisped to perfection. Add this simple recipe to your collection, and whip it out anytime you need a quick way to impress guests. We encourage you to switch up the spices and add any other leafy greens.
Cucumber Tahini Gazpacho with Crispy Chickpeas
- ½ cup smooth tahini
- ½ cup of water
- 4 tbsps of The Governor Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- Two large English cucumbers, unpeeled + chopped
- One garlic clove, roughly chopped.
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed + patted dry
- 1 tbsp The Governor Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Method of Preparation:
If eating right away, start by making the chickpeas first:
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- On a lined baking sheet, toss the rinsed and dried chickpeas with the olive oil and spices till coated.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly over the tray, and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing and rotating halfway through. Remove and set aside.
While the chickpeas are roasting, make the gazpacho:
- Place all the prepped or chopped ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste, then season to your liking with salt and pepper. Blend again. It may take a few minutes, and the occasional pause to scrape down the sides may be in order.
- Serve in bowls topped with the crispy chickpeas, and drizzle some additional olive oil over the top. Feel free to garnish with leftover herbs.