Recipe rē•spin: Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
rē•imagining a classic.
To celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, we would like to share a recipe rē•spin on a classic sweet treat. Here are some delectable chocolate chip cookies created by our founder’s favorite keto-chef, Maria Emmerich.
Maria effortlessly creates keto-friendly recipes with ingredients that are as delicious as they are nutritious, loaded with flavor and zest; her love for cooking shines through in every recipe. Suffice it to say that her cookbooks are international bestsellers for a reason!
“Healthified” Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving: 24 cookies
- 1 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- One egg
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 ChocoPerfection Bars (chopped) (OR HOMEMADE “HEALTHIFIED” CHOCOLATE)
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, sweetener, and egg.
- Cream for a few minutes until very fluffy in a separate bowl; mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend until smooth.
- Add in chocolate. Roll 2 TBS of dough into a ball in your hands (for uniform shape) onto a cookie sheet, then press down to they are about ¾ of an inch thick.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool completely on the baking sheet before removing, and enjoy!
- I keep mine in the freezer (for portion control!
Nutritional rē•spin (per Cookie)
Traditional Cookie = 180 calories, 9g fat, 1.5g protein, 25.5g carbs, 0.8g fiber
“Healthified” Cookie = 154 calories, 14g fat, 3g protein, 5g carbs, 2g fiber