Recipe rē•spin: Olive Oil Martini
A festive delight.
We all know how versatile olive oil is in cooking, but have you ever considered adding it to your drink? Yes, olive oil cocktails are a thing (and they are delicious)! This practice has been whispered and employed in the more experimental corners of mixology over the past few years, so we decided to bring the concept into the home and try it out ourselves.
Today we would love to share the Governor Olive Oil Martini – our new drink of choice. This cocktail will be an excellent addition to all your holiday festivities. Not only does it taste great, but it’s also a fantastic way to consume your recommended 2tbs of olive oil for that day.
The Governor Olive Oil Martini will have your mouth watering and your guests wanting more. So without further ado, here is our gin-infused, festive concoction.
The Governor Olive Oil Martini
Servings: Ten cocktails
This recipe is enough for ten cocktails. (Once you infuse your gin with oil and herbs, you will want to have some left for another day!)
For the Gin
- 750-mL bottle London dry gin
- Eight tbs Governor Premium Edition Olive Oil
- One large sprig of fresh rosemary
- One large sprig of fresh thyme
For the Martini
- 5 Tbsp olive & herb-infused gin
- 1 Tbsp blanc vermouth
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pitted green olives for garnish
- Start to infuse the gin a day before you intend to make the martini.
- Add the gin, olive oil, rosemary, and thyme to a large jar. Shake vigorously, then set aside at room temperature to infuse for 12 hours.
- Place the jar in the freezer for another 12 hours (or overnight). This will cause the olive oil to solidify and separate.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a second large jar or container, then strain the gin, discarding any solids.
- Strain the gin once again to remove any remaining sediment and oil.
- Mix the martini: In a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Add 5 Tbs of the infused gin, vermouth, and salt.
- Stir until well-chilled, then strain into a martini glass or coupe and garnish with as many olives as you like. Serve immediately.