Recipe rē•spin: The Governor Cider Rita
Cheers to a new month!
This tequila-cider-olive oil cocktail quickly became our favorite quick and easy but oh-so-warming wintery drink. This cocktail is a perfect addition to your festive spread, mixed with a splash of tequila, a dash of fresh apple cider, and a drizzle of Governor Olive Oil.
The EVOO in this cocktail helps to create a smooth, palate-coating sensation to every sip, and the shaken egg white (optional) helps to provide a beautiful creamy foam on top of your drink. The egg whites are generally odorless and tasteless – so the contribution is entirely textural.
If you want to make your cocktail special, we recommend getting creative with your garnishes! For example, here we used fresh cranberries that have been skewered on a piece of lemongrass – but it also tastes (and looks) delicious with a fresh sprig of rosemary, apple slices, or a cinnamon stick!
Play around with a few home options, and impress your guests.
- 8 oz. Tequila (white or Anejo both are great)
- 8 oz fresh apple cider
- 1 oz The Governor olive oil
- One egg white
- A few drops of cocktail bitters of your choice (we used floral bitters)
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients vigorously in a cocktail shaker without ice (Dry shake). The mixture should start to get foamy after about 30-45 seconds.
- Once foamy, add the ice and shake it for 5-10 seconds.
- Strain into a couple of glasses.
- Decorate with the garnishes of your choice. For example, we like to use fresh cranberries skewered on a lemongrass stem. Enjoy!