The Best Granola
For morning, noon, or night.
This week, we would like to introduce you to the best granola. Whether you’re having it for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or as a topping on your nightly dessert, this granola is the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and spice (you can thank the cinnamon and cardamom for that). With a bit of meal prep, you can enjoy the varying textures of oats, nuts, coconut, seeds, and dried berries any time of the week.
The Best Granola by Peas Thank You
- ¾ cup of almonds
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 cup dried coconut
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup dried cherries
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop any of the larger nuts into smaller pieces.
- Mix the oats, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, dried coconut, pistachios, pumpkin, and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Mix the honey, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together, making sure all are fully coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer onto two baking sheets; put in the oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then stir the mixture every 3 minutes to ensure all ingredients are cooking evenly and don’t burn.
- Once browned and fragrant (about 20 mins), take it out of the oven.
- After the granola has cooked, mix with the dried chopped cherries, cranberries, and blueberries.
Place in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Enjoy over sliced apples and yogurt, then top with fresh berries. Or enjoy with milk poured over the top.